- Bachelor’s degree in social services, case management or related field
- Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment, intake or interview experience preferred. Must have a car, valid driver’s license, and meet required auto insurance premiums
- Oral and written communication skills reflect solid customer service
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other staff and maintain confidentiality through daily operations
- Excellent relational assessment and interviewing skills
- Ability to form appropriate assessment-based relationships in multicultural environments
- Ability to focus on details and use time effectively to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with nonprofit and community-based organizations
- Educational or professional experience in social work case management
- Assess volunteer “fit” to BBBS. Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: individual orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment processes. Complete home visits as needed.
- Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes.
- Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed
- Continually assess the match relationship focusing on: child safety, match relationship
development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction. Real and/or potential
problems and barriers are identified, addressed and resolved as early as possible. Match support is
provided on a frequency according to agency standards.
- Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match
participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and
satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and
procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Develop strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra
- Develop, promote and implement individual and group match activities to support ongoing
volunteer involvement with the child and agency.
- Share with management potential partnership relationships as discovered through volunteers’ and
parents’ employers and affiliations.
- To ensure quality services and measurable outcomes, maintain accurate and timely records for each
match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to
perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed
description of all the work requirements of the position. Gulf Coast Big Brothers Big Sisters may change the
specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.